Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Baby Book at Last!

Well, it only took me a year, but I have finally finished Jonathan's baby book for his first year with us.  I think I started it before Vivienne was even born.  At very least, I remember sneaking into Jonathan's room at night before I got my laptop and working on it while holding a very tiny Vivienne.  It was one of the few creative things that could be done one-handed.  Vivienne did not make it very easy for me to finish up these last few days, because for some reason the little journal I write in for Jonathan from time to time was so much more attractive to her than anything else in the house and she kept walking away with it every time I tried to copy something from it, but I persevered (and pulled an all-nighter) and got it done in time for Shutterfly's Cyber-Monday sale.  It lasted until midnight Wednesday, but that's where living in a timezone 12+ hours ahead of America finally pays off.  (I'm not sure how it's getting from my parents' house to Taiwan, but that's for another day.)

Jonathan checks out his baby book on mommy's computer.
I loved adding in all the funny little animals and cars and things.  Jonathan will like them.  I can just imagine sitting down with Jonathan and showing him all the pictures and telling him the story of his coming to us.  Since I think we will leave Taiwan before he's very old, I want some way to help him feel connected with his beginnings here.  Now to start all over again with Vivienne's ...  Ay-yo!

(I can't get the link to the book to work, but when I do I'll put it up here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment