Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

It was 5 am ...

... and I know where my children are.  They're right in front of me, playing with the iPad.  Now, it's not particularly strange for me to be up with Vivienne at this time.  Despise me if you want, but it works for us.  I'd be willing to settle down earlier, but she bounces through the night and goes down with the sunrise, and I have yet to convince her that this is not the way it's supposed to be.  My earliest work day starts at 4 pm, so if this is what works, I'm all for it.  I probably get more sleep in general than lots of mothers of eight month olds.  Tonight, however, Jonathan is joining us for a bit.  He tends to go do much earlier and stay in bed a really long time (though some of the time he is amusing himself and not sleeping), but tonight he keeps waking up miserable with a bad cough, so Notre Dame (a French/Quebecois musical that was Jonathan's babyhood favorite) and the iPad are tiding us over until he's tired enough to go back to sleep, because daddy's too sick and tired to stay up with him (though they had a good cuddle session the first time he woke up), and mommy doesn't really know how else to keep them both happy.  At first, he was sad and sick and tired and she was up and bouncing and driving him crazy.  Now he's pretty up and she's getting fussy because she and I should be down for her sleep about now, but oh well.  No trips to the pool for this family tomorrow, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment